Clearly, I have a sweet tooth. I adore all things carbful. Wait — that’s not a word? It should be. It’s like beautiful. Beautiful carbs. Carbful. I heart the carbs. I heart the carbs so much that when I started overhauling my daily diet, I had a tough time coming up with breakfast options. I needed a scone or a muffin to go with my coffee! How could I start the day without a shot of sugar?
One evening my sister mentioned this delicious breakfast that she had been serving at her house. I was a little skeptical but I was desperate to find something that I loved to eat in the morning and wouldn’t regret all day long. Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash topped with an egg seemed like it might fit the bill. I wasn’t disappointed. This tasty dish keeps me full all morning without the guilt.
I usually whip up a batch of this hash on the weekends and then warm up a small plateful each morning and top it with an egg. It simplifies my mornings and even travels well if I need to eat at work instead of at home. Give it a try next weekend and let me know what you think.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 turkey or chicken sausage
- Sea salt
- Eggs (cooked any way you like them) to serve on top
- Preheat oven to 400
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes
- Toss sweet potatoes in 2 TBSP avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes
- Chop onion and cube sausage
- Heat 1 TBSP avocado oil in frying pan over medium heat
- Add onion and cook until translucent
- Add sausage and cook until lightly browned
- Add sweet potatoes and mix together
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve topped with a cooked egg